Q: What is your address?
A: Seat Concepts
869 W. 9th St
San Jacinto CA, 92582
Q: What are Seat Concepts Business Hours?
A: Our office and customer service hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
Q: What is the order lead time?
A: Please see this link to our Lead Time page for updated information.
Q: Is shipping to a P.O. Box available?
A: Not for the standard fee. Shipping to a P.O. Box has an added charge. If a P.O. Box address is used you will receive an invoice for the shipping cost difference.
Q: What is the product warranty?
A: There is a 1-year product defect warranty to the original purchaser. This does not cover abuse, impact(crash) damage, cross threaded bolts, damage done during customer installation or sun-faded colors.
Q: What is the return policy?
A: Unused kits or complete seats can be returned for a refund minus shipping cost and a 15% restocking fee. Items must be in perfectly new, sellable condition. Kits once installed are not returnable. Seats with other than standard stitching cannot be returned as well as other than standard foam densities. If you have any questions please contact us before purchasing.
Q: Does Seat Concepts offer custom seat shaping or custom covers?
A: No, we do not offer custom seat shaping or custom covers. Our foam material starts out as a liquid, so each different seat shape requires its own mold. We do not alter existing foam shapes. Due to our current production process, cover options are limited to those shown on each specific product page.
Q: Are there different density foams available?
A: Yes, our standard foam density works well with a weight range of 160-240lbs. If you are below or near the lower, or higher side of the weight range, please contact us for a consultation and we will help determine the correct density for you. There is no additional charge for a density change, but please note that any adjustment to the foam density would be considered a custom seat, and is not a returnable item. Please allow 2-3 extra days for custom orders.
Q: What is the difference between a Complete seat, and a Kit?
A: A seat kit consists of a foam and a cover. This will need to be installed on an OEM seat pan. A complete seat comes fully assembled, ready to ride.
Q: What installation options are there?
A: We can install the foam and cover kit for you. in order to keep downtime to a minimum, we recommend placing your order, then shipping us your seat so the transit time of your seat overlaps the lead time of the build. Make sure to add the Installation option to your cart from the products page. This adds the install fee and also lets us know that your seat will be on the way. Don't forget to put your name and contact info in the box with your seat so we'll know who it belongs to. NOTE: We do not do any work on KTM 690 stock pans. The carbon composite material makes them extremely brittle and prone to cracking.
Q: Do I need to disassemble my seat before I send it?
A: No, however shipping is calculated by dimensional weight, so the smaller and lighter you are able to pack your seat, the cheaper the shipping to us will be.
Q: Does my stock foam and cover get sent back when I send my seat in for installation?
A: No. these parts are typically not re-useable, so we throw them away. If you want to keep your original foam and cover please remove before sending the seat to us.
Q: Can I install a Seat Concepts foam and cover kit myself?
A: Yes! Our kits are made to be a do-it-yourself kit and are fairly easy to install. There are a number of good install videos on our YouTube channel, and the seat kit comes with great instructions. The best option for a staple gun is Harbor Freight's Wide Crown pneumatic stapler. (Item number 68029) We recommend T-50 stainless steel staples, and it is important that the depth of the staple not exceed ¼”. Our fit is very specific, if you have any fitment questions or difficulty, please contact us immediately.
Q: Should I take my seat to a local upholstery Shop?
A: We have had lots of customers take our kits to local upholstery shops, and most of the time they can complete the installation easily and correctly. The important question to ask any upholsterer is "have you installed motorcycle seats before?" If their answer is anything other than yes, or they start talking about altering our kit in any way, they are not the right people for the job. Please note, Seat Concepts takes no responsibility for the quality or services of third party installers.
Q: Can I Bring my seat in in person?
A: Yes, we do take walk-ins by appointment only, Tuesdays through Fridays. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
Q: Why does the payment page go to Paypal? I want to pay by Credit Card.
A: In addition to the type of account you’ve likely used in the past for eBay purchases, PayPal also offers traditional merchant services and credit card processing. So even though our site re-directs you to PayPal, you still have the option to bypass the login, and pay with a credit card no differently that you would with any other system. We can also process your order via phone.
Q: Are there height options for seats?
A: Not all seats have a low and high option so please check the product section carefully. If you don't see an option for the seat you're interested in please shoot us an email by clicking "CONTACT US" in the navigation bar up top.
Q: Are there color options for all the seat covers?
A: Not on all covers. Certain models have an option for a factory color combo but not all. If there is a certain cover you want to add a stock style color combo contact us to see if we can accommodate you. Not all colors will match the OEM shade.
Q: Do the colors match the OEM colors?
A: They’re very close. We are not always able to guarantee an exact match, but we get as close as we can with what is available to us from our various materials suppliers.
Q: What is the difference in cover materials?
- SuperGrip: The best choice for aggressive competition use in the most extreme conditions. The SuperGrip rubber panel at the knee area resists wear from knee braces and offers extreme grip wet or dry. Foam backed traction ribs on top also help hold the rider in place.
- Race 2.0: Also very grippy and durable. But without the SuperGrip Rubber panel at the knee area. This is the preferred cover of top Motocross and Supercross athletes.
- Carbon Fiber/Gripper: Our most popular option, generally recommended for medium to heavy duty dual-sport and off-road use. The carbon fiber material offers good durability, and the asphalt gripper gives the rider a good amount of traction.
- All Carbon Fiber: A black vinyl that has a carbon fiber pattern made into the surface for a good look. Has a slicker surface. This is the better choice for street and mellow offroad use. This is also the best option for riders who ride in jeans.
- Embossed: A smooth black vinyl with square dimples embossed into the material but not all the way through keeping it water resistant. This cover will scuff if dragging sharp edged items across the surface.
- Plain vinyl: A nice leather grain vinyl similar to some stock seats.
- Suede: Real leather suede that allows excellent breathing and durability. Suede covers are best in hot, dry conditions. This material is very absorbent and is not recommended for use in wet climates. Suede also takes a fair amount of maintenance to keep it looking good. If you’re willing to put in the work, Suede is worth the extra cost, but it is not a part that you can just install and then forget about it. Available in black only. Please allow an extra 2-5 days for a suede cover to be made.
Q: Are the covers waterproof?
A: All standard covers are made of water resistant vinyl. The covers are not waterproof at the seams. If using in an environment where water is an issue, wrap the foam with a thin plastic before installing the cover. A sheet of thin plastic is provided with all kits where applicable. Water will still be present at seams after rain till the cover dries inside and out. All complete seats are supplied with plastic already installed.
Some cover examples: